Friday, March 2, 2012

How to proceed forward

The last week or two has been very challenging. Over a month ago, I sat down and wrote a letter to my parents telling them how I had been feeling and how I would like for things to change. To sum it up, they replied telling me I was oversensitive and then turned everything else around on me, name calling included.

Since last week my mom has been calling me, texting me, emailing me all in an attempt to get me to go back to the way things were. She has been very disrespectful of me and my family, written judgmental things about me on Facebook for everyone to see, shown up at my house unannounced and even stooped so far as dragging my son's soccer coach into this mess by asking him to email her information about the soccer games!

After receiving an email from her today, again placing blame on me and then ending with "but I love you", I am sitting here trying to figure out where to go from here.

The bible verse for this weeks No Regrets Challenge at church is:

Proverbs 3:5-10

Trust God from the bottom of your heart;
don't try to figure out everything on your own.
Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go;
he's the one who will keep you on track.

Don't assume that you know it all.
Run to God! Run from evil!
Your body will glow with health, your very bones will vibrate with life!

Honor God with everything you own;
give him the first and the bets.
Your barns will burst,
your wine vats will brim over.


Just when I was sitting here thinking, "What am I going to do? How to I proceed from here?" My mind went to this weeks Bible verse. I need to seek Him in how to proceed. I need to keep myself focused on Him at all times and even though this is a big huge mess right now, I know that He will bring me through as long as I let him have control.

Sometimes we get so caught up in our lives, trying to figure everything out on our own that we forget to stop and seek his guidance and let him lead us at all times.

No comments: